Alfred and Susan Chisolm founded Money in Motion in 1989 with one goal in mind: to help small and medium sized businesses who were turned away by the banks acquire the equipment and/or capital they needed to succeed. Money in Motion has never lost sight of that goal and has been providing alternative finance / equipment leasing solutions to businesses all across Canada for more than 25 years.
WERE WE’VE BEEN
Alfred Chisholm had been working in the leasing industry for over 40 years when he saw that the traditional financing industry wasn’t taking care of the needs of heavy equipment owners and operators. Alf wanted to help the hardworking people in industries like:
- Waste Recycling
- Oil & Gas
- Computers and Tech/Software
- Passenger vehicle operations
He and his wife Susan saw a gap in the market and used their knowledge of trucks and heavy equipment and their love of helping others to set up Money in Motion. They were then able to offer financial services tailor-made for a niche market that was otherwise neglected by the banks. The secret to their success and longevity is in the importance they’ve always placed on building solid relationships with their clients and funding partners.
WHERE WE ARE NOW
With over 40 employees and 10 locations across Canada, Money in Motion is one of the country’s leading equipment leasing and financing intermediaries. We specialize in providing financial services to business owners who need special equipment to get the job done.
Our Services include:
Equipment leasing—We offer a number of different equipment leasing solutions like:
- Lease to own—With Money in Motion’s lease to own option you can lease your equipment for a set term and then buy out the remaining amount at the end.
- Sale leaseback—With a sale leaseback Money in Motion will purchase your equipment from you and lease it back to you over a fixed term so that you can free up business capital for other uses.
- Residual lease—A Money in Motion residual lease offers a payment schedule designed to match your revenue stream.
Money in Motion also offers:
- Creditor Insurance—So that you can protect your home and your assets in case of accident or death.
- Working Capital—So that you can free up equity while you’re waiting for the cheques to come in.
- A/R Financing—When you can’t afford to miss opportunities for growth because you are waiting on monies owed, accounts receivable financing may be right for you.
In addition to providing financial and equipment leasing solutions to businesses in Sudbury and the rest of the country, Money in Motion works hard to give back to their local community. They support charities such as:
- KICX for Kids
- World Vision
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Operation Smile
- Sudbury Regional Hospital Expansion Project
- Pond Hockey Tournament
WHERE WE’RE GOING
Money in Motion has many exciting plans for the future. As Alf and Susan prepare for retirement, Erin and Kurtis are gearing up to take the reins. The company’s strong management team is prepared for a smooth transition as the next generation of Chisholms step up to the plate. With an ambitious growth plan in place, the entire team at Money in Motion is confident that the future will be bright for decades to come. Contact us today to learn more about our plans for the future or to inquire about our many services.